Thursday, October 26, 2017

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, I created a LiveJournal. While I wasn’t a beta-tester, my member number was pretty low. I “met” many, many wonderful people. Authors, aspiring authors — we would chat and comment and fill out silly quizzes and talk about Harry Potter. HP was quite the subject. I had a full journal, filled with thoughts, plots, ramblings. It’s still there, but much of it has been scrubbed; little has been left for posterity in this case.

Then I started a journal on Blogspot, before it became Blogger’s little tentacle. Again, there were people, posts, interactions, etc. I was becoming a new person, but the I decided to change my ways and become a new person, and I needed something new. No more gloominess or hopelessness; option only. So, I just stopped writing. And everything disappeared. Everyone disappeared. Again.

Now I write here knowing that they are words to myself. It appears that this is the person I’ve become. Tightly bound in a nutshell which I am trying to convince myself that it has infinite space.

It’s not working.

No comments: